The state of California is a leader in the drive toward clean, renewable energy and greater efficiency in how we use it.
At Banc of California, we acknowledge our responsibility to incorporate sustainability into how we conduct our everyday business practices and operations. We also understand that by adopting environmentally responsible business practices, we improve the areas where we live and work and can create meaningful long-term benefits for our colleagues, clients, communities and stockholders.
WE ARE ALREADY TAKING ACTION TODAY TO HELP POWER A BRIGHTER FUTURE
- Our corporate offices are Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)-Certified, decreasing our consumption of energy.
- Our Bank-owned headquarters has an EPA Energy Star Certification score of 85. This designation means that our headquarters building is more energy efficient than 85% of similar properties nationwide.
- We have electric vehicle charging stations available for employee and third-party use at our headquarters.
- We reduce our carbon footprint by:
- providing transit subsidies for group and public transportation; and
- investing in technologies that enable remote and hybrid work environments.
- We reduce paper waste in landfills by:
- utilizing print optimization processes and encouraging e-signatures when possible;
- promoting online banking, paperless checking options and electronic statements for clients; and
- partaking in a corporate recycling program.
- We conserve natural resources by e-wasting our end-point IT assets until they reach their estimated useful life or are no longer supported by the manufacturer.
- We look to finance environmentally friendly projects and environmentally responsible technology where we have the expertise to do so.
We aim to manage our business in environmentally conscious ways by incorporating climate-related considerations and risks into our processes and operations. Banc of California continues to develop ongoing climate-related risk analysis for environmental events, such as earthquakes, wildfires and floods.
This statement is made available to our organization to create awareness about our commitments and in order to be transparent and accountable to our stakeholders.