Business Online Pro Quick Start Guide
First Time Login Instructions and Essentials Checklist
To help you get started with Business Online Pro, you will receive emails from us with important information regarding your upgrade. Your upgrade date will be provided to you via email.
3 STEPS TO UPGRADE:
Please perform these steps in order:
- Gather Information
- Complete Upgrade Checklist
STEP 1: GATHER INFORMATION
Consult the email notices we sent you for the following information:
- Upgrade Date – This is the date when your business can begin using Business Online Pro. Classic Business Online Banking will remain available for 12 days after your upgrade date so you can refer to your old settings, templates for ACH and wires, etc.
- The Name of Your Online Service – We will notify you of your assigned service, either Business Online or Business Online Pro.
- Company ID – Your newly assigned Company ID is usually* the first 5 numbers and letters (in lower case) of your company name on your primary account statement, plus the last 4 digits of your company’s tax ID. For example:
|Company Name||Tax ID||Company ID|
|Jane Doe Enterprises||31-7654321||janed4321|
|The Jones Company||314-15-9265||thejo9265|
- Software Activation Key – You will receive an 8-digit alpha-numeric security software activation key by secure email. This key is needed to activate the software including the mobile app, the secure browser, or the mobile token app. Wire and ACH Origination approvals require one of these software options.
If you can’t find this information, call us at 855-351-BANC (2262), from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time on business days.
STEP 2: LOG IN
Here’s how to log in. For details, see our Business Online Pro First Time Login Help.
- Starting on the date in your notice email, choose the Business Online Pro Login from the Login & Upgrade Center.
- Enter your new Company ID (all letters are lower case).
- Use the same case sensitive User ID you use for Classic Business Online Banking.
- Use the same case sensitive password you use for Classic Business Online Banking. If you use a token to login to Classic Business Online Banking, use the serial number on your token as the password. View image.
- Follow the prompts to login.
STEP 3: COMPLETE THIS UPGRADE CHECKLIST
You will need to take these actions on or after your upgrade date.
- Wire and ACH Template Setup: We will setup your Wire and ACH templates. Consult Classic Business Online Banking if you want to compare your template information.
- Security Token Software setup: Wire and ACH users need to download and install the Secure Browser or the mobile banking or token app to approve transactions. See Choose and Setup Your Security Software for details. Please install your software before your upgrade date. Each user will receive their own software activation key (works 3 times, and expires in 1 month) to activate their software beginning on the upgrade date.
- Future dated Account Transfers, Wires, and ACHs:Within 12 days of your upgrade date, you must cancel all your recurring and future-dated Account Transfers and Wires in Classic Business Online Banking and reschedule them in Business Online Pro. Future dated and recurring ACH transfers not yet in Processed status must be recreated in Business Online Pro. Your Classic Business Online Banking service will be deactivated shortly after the second Friday after your upgrade date.
- New Mobile App: Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play to search for and download the new Banc of California Business App. You will need the software activation key sent via secure email to activate it. See Details.
- QuickBooks, Quicken or Mint Downloads: Complete one final download from Classic Business Online Banking before your upgrade date. On or after your upgrade date, setup each of your accounts as a new account when you import data from Business Online Pro to Quicken or QuickBooks. You can import it to your current account setup in the software, but duplicate transactions could result for any overlapping dates you download. Please review this QuickBooks, Quicken, and Mint Connectivity Guide. If you use QuickBooks Direct Connect, please call us to make arrangements to ensure you have uninterrupted service.
- Information Reporting: Login to Business Online Pro and in the Account Information menu, see all the reports, notices, and alerts available to you. Setup the reports or alerts that you need. They are not converted from Classic Business Online Banking. Up to 2 years of transaction data and 7 years of statements and documents are available.
- Remote Deposit Capture, Positive Pay, and Lockbox: Find these services as you sign on, or in the Access Center box in Business Online Pro. Check that you can link to these services.
- Discontinue Using Classic Business Online Banking: Once you begin using information reporting and initiating transactions in Business Online Pro, stop doing those activities in Classic Business Online Banking. Changes to templates, payees, or settings made in Classic Business Online Banking after 5 PM Pacific Time on the Wednesday before the upgrade date will not reflect in Business Online Pro. (Transactions posted will appear in both services).
For demos or more details, please learn more about Business Online Pro. If you have any questions, select Contact Us, or call us at 855-351-BANC (2262), from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time on business days.
*If your company has more than one online service setup with the same name and tax ID, your company IDs would be: 1dlco4567, 2dlco4567, 3dlco4567. Or 1janed4321, 2janed4321, 3janed4321.