Business Online Quick Start Guide
First Time Login Instructions and Essentials Checklist
To help you get started with Business Online, you will receive emails from us with important information regarding your upgrade. Your upgrade date will be provided via email.
3 STEPS TO UPGRADE:
Please perform these steps in order:
- Gather Information
- Complete Upgrade Checklist
STEP 1: GATHER INFORMATION
Consult the email notices we sent you for the following information:
- Upgrade Date – This is when your business will begin to login to Business Online. Classic Business Online Banking will be deactivated at 5 PM the preceding Friday.
- The Name of Your Online Service – We will notify you of your assigned service, either Business Online or Business Online Pro.
- Company ID – Your newly assigned Company ID is usually* the first 5 numbers and letters (in lower case) of your company name on your primary account statement, plus the last 4 digits of your company’s tax ID. For example:
|Company Name||Tax ID||Company ID|
|Jane Doe Enterprises||31-7654321||janed4321|
|The Jones Company||314-15-9265||thejo9265|
- Software Activation Key – You will receive an 8-digit alpha-numeric security software activation key by secure email. This key is needed to activate the software including the mobile app, and the optional secure browser.
STEP 2: LOG IN
Here’s how to log in. For details, see our Business Online First Time Login Help.
- Starting on the date in your notice email, choose the Business Online Login from the Login & Upgrade Center.
- Enter your new Company ID (all letters are lower case).
- Use the same case sensitive User ID you use for Classic Business Online Banking.
- Use the same case sensitive password you use for Classic Business Online Banking. If you use a token to login to Classic Business Online Banking, use the serial number on your token as the password. View image.
- Follow the prompts to login.
STEP 3: COMPLETE THIS UPGRADE CHECKLIST
You will need to take these actions on or after your upgrade date.
- Future dated Account Transfers: Transfers in Classic Business Online Banking dated to occur on or after your upgrade date will be canceled. You must reschedule them in Business Online.
- Alerts: Setup all the email or text alerts you would like to receive. Your old alerts are not automatically converted.
- New Mobile App: Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play to search for and download the new Banc of California Business App. You will need the software activation key sent via secure email to activate it. See Details.
- QuickBooks, Quicken or Mint downloads: Complete one final download from Classic Business Online Banking before your upgrade date. On or after your upgrade date, setup each of your accounts as a new account when you import data from Business Online to Quicken or QuickBooks. You can import it to your current account setup in the software, but duplicate transactions could result for any overlapping dates you download. Please review this QuickBooks, Quicken, and Mint Connectivity Guide. If you use QuickBooks Direct Connect, please call us to make arrangements to ensure you have uninterrupted service.
- Classic Business Online Banking Change Cutoff Time: Changes to payees or settings made in Classic Business Online Banking after 5 PM Pacific Time on the Wednesday before the upgrade date will not be converted to Business Online.
For demos or more details, please learn more about Business Online. If you have any questions, select Contact Us, or call us at 855-351-BANC (2262), from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time on business days.
*If your company has more than one online service setup with the same name and tax ID, your company IDs would be: 1dlco4567, 2dlco4567, 3dlco4567. Or 1janed4321, 2janed4321, 3janed4321.